Monday, January 28, 2008

What's in a name?

I think the worst part of this pregnancy is trying to decide on a name for this little tyke. Steve has his heart set on ONE name, especially if it's a boy. The minute we found out I was pregnant, he told me the two names he picked. No questions asked. Well, today at work I was asked if we had any names picked out or not. "Well, my husband does." I said. So I decided to ask him when I got home. Have we decided? I mean, the names he picked aren't bad, and I like them both, but I would also like a little discussion as well. I told him my first choice, and he said, "No way! Do you want my honest opinion? It's the worst name I've ever heard." Wow, don't hold anything back honey! Geez! So I've been checking my baby books, looking for names so I can at least run a few names by him. Maybe he'll at least think one of my ideas sounds ok, even if he doesn't want to use it. I'll look on the bright side, I won't be able to give him the worst name in the world, because he already shot that one down!

1 comment:

Janna said...

Wow, at least you don't have to wonder what he's thinking. I'm glad there's room for discussion in the name area. :) I think you should tell us the "worst name in the world". You know, just so we can give our opinion, too. I think it's really hard to pick names...I always could come up with a girl name quickly and it took us forever to think of a boy name. Have fun!