Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Mission Trip

I know that it's been a week and a half since we've been home, but I can't leave this off the blog. Steve and I went on a mission trip with our church's group called Master's Builders. This year we went to Folsom, LA to work with Habitat for Humanity. We drove down to Louisiana on Friday night after work, and stayed for a week. We built a whole house in three days! My girlfriends, Jaclyn and Emily, also went. Since we were the only girls, we also had a fun time making supper and baking goodies with Donna for all the guys! It is a very rewarding to go on trips like these to help out people who are less fourtunate and have been through devastating things like hurricaines. It makes you very thankful for what you do have, even if it isn't much. If you ever have a chance to do something like this, it's 100% worth it!

The cooking and working girls!

We are painting the outside of one the the bunkhouses at the place where we stayed

Our first day of work

After the second day...

The third day!


Jaclyn (left) and I building an inside wall

The girls installing the hurricaine brackets

My hubby, looking buff...

Jaclyn and I tearing of melted siding from Pastor Ray's house

The Providence CRC Master's Builders 2009

P.S. Charlie spent the week with both sets of grandparents and did just fine, and I'm pretty sure all the grandparents still love him...:-)

1 comment:

Mike and Sharon said...

We're very proud of you for taking your vacation to do this for others and AMEN to that still lovin' Charlie part!!!

Grandpa & Grandma G.