Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home Stretch.....maybe

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday with high hopes for some serious dialation! It had been almost two weeks since the last time I went when I was 50% effaced. This week at work I felt really good and I worked really hard the last two days because we were so busy! So I went to to doctor with very high hopes of at least being at a two or three. After the lovely experience of being "checked", the doctor said,

"Well, I'd give that about a 1/2"

WHAT!! Are you kidding me?!? Seriously, this baby is never coming out!! And to make matters worse, She leaves on spring break vacation with her family in a week and doesn't come back till April 14th! She told me that I would have to pick another doctor in that practice to induce me if I don't go by friday. She doesn't want me to wait till she gets back because she will get nervous about the "big baby factor", which increases my chances of a c-section. Well, the other doctor I would have picked is....you guessed it....on vacation too!!!

Great. Just what I wanted. This is not what I signed up for.

She said not to be discouraged, but she doesn't carry around this thing all day and sleep with it at night. How can I not be discouraged with 1/2 cm dilation in two weeks??

I'll try not to be, but at the rate of a 1/2 cm every two weeks, my baby's coming sometime in September.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Well, September is a nice month for a birthday. :)

liz said...

I like September, that's when my birthday is!! :)