Thursday, May 19, 2011

Counting Down the Days

I haven't blogged much about this pregnancy and I can tell you why.  I don't think that I ever wanted to admit that I was pregnant, or to get my hopes up!  Well, I can tell you now that I am for sure having another baby and it's due in less than a week!!  We didn't find out what we are having, and I'm DYING to know!  Everyone is guessing and about 80% of people say it's a girl.  I change my mind on a daily basis.  I don't really care what I have, as long as it's healthy. 

Everyone has said that every pregnancy is different and that is an understatement.  My pregnancy has been not only different, but completely opposite. 

With Charlie:
I had NO morning sickness.  None.  Not even a gag.
I had horrible back pain, starting at around 16 weeks.
I gained a TON of weight, and I showed it.  I like to say I was "a house".
My wedding ring didn't fit as of January 27, and I was due April 3.
I slept awesome and never got up to pee.
I never worried about a thing

With this one:
I had nasty morning sickness, even as of one week ago I still took Zophran.
I had some back pain, but it went away around 20 weeks (Thank the Lord.)
I have gained weight, but I "don't look pregnant from the back" which makes me smile :-)
I'm still wearing my wedding ring and no, I didn't get it re-sized.
I sleep like crap, and get up to pee probably 2 times each night.
I am a complete worry wart this time, but I think I have good cause.

That makes me think that this one is a girl, but I don't want to get my heart set on one, cause I really truely don't care which one it is.  I hope to get a girl someday, but if this one isn't I won't be heartbroken.  I've been measuring big almost this whole pregnancy even asking if there is more than one in there (which I've been told there is NOT)  I'm scheduled for a c-section but my OB says I could go on my own.  I find that hard to believe since, with Charlie, I didn't go on my own no matter what we tried!  Even at the end in the hospital, I still didn't do anything on my own.

I'm getting to the stage where I think, "Whoa, this is really happening" I'm going to have 2 kids in a week or so, and that is scary!  How can I possibly love this baby as much as I love Charlie?  I don't want Charlie to feel neglected but being 3, I don't know if he'll understand that I'm pretty much tied to this baby for a while.  I hope he adjusts well, but you never can tell. 

I can't wait to meet this little miracle and finally tell everyone if I get another son or a daughter!!

We'll keep you posted!

No comments: